Hatfield Consultants is a recognized leader in the application of remote sensing technology for environmental monitoring applications. Building on decades of scientific experience with optical and radar data, we apply cutting-edge approaches to acquire, manage, and analyze data to deliver products and strategic insights.
Our approach ensures:
- Secure, timely access to major open and commercial satellite remote sensing data
- Integration of optical, radar, and LiDAR and UAV point-cloud datasets
- Advanced analytics using machine learning and object-based image analysis techniques
- Validated products and processing methodologies with scientific reporting
Hatfield Consultants is a trusted advisor to government, private sector, and non-government clients on the use of remote sensing technology for environmental monitoring and management around the world. We support international space agencies, international finance institutions, and major oil & gas and mining companies with scientific and strategic consulting and data analytics.
Hatfield Consultants delivers timely services to meet your needs, including for disaster and emergency response. We help clients optimize use of satellite, LiDAR, and UAV technologies and deliver products for seamless integration into existing planning and operational systems.
Remote Sensing Solutions
- Basemaps and monitoring services – DigitalGlobe Basemap, SPOT Basemap, and PlanetScope monitoring and basemaps
- Land Monitoring – a web-based platform supporting our advanced analytics and change detection products. Includes our Rapid Burned Area Mapping (RBAM) service for wildfire agencies and the private sector
- Ice Monitoring – a suite of river and lake ice monitoring products and services developed using radar satellite imagery and in-situ sensors. Hatfield is also a founding member of the Polarview consortium.
Hatfield also brings more than 15 years of experience in operational use of optical and radar image processing to deliver robust products in a range of areas:
- Land cover and land cover change
- Vegetation and forest type
- Wetland extent, class, and form
- Vegetation stress and degradation
- Burned area and burn severity mapping
- Critical habitat mapping, carbon stock assessment, and high conservation value assessment
- Vegetation degradation, disturbance, and recovery monitoring
- Oil spill sensitivity mapping, pipeline corridor status, and oil spill response
- Tree cover density and canopy metrics
- Flood extent
- Coastline position monitoring
- Urban and settlement map
- Floodplain mapping and flood risk assessment
- Building inventory and footprints
- Agricultural land evaluation and status
- Linear disturbance features and vegetation recovery status
- Pipeline corridor status
- Impervious surfaces / soil sealing
Topography and terrain:
- Elevation, slope, and topographic wetness index
- Hydrological network and catchment areas
- Terrain roughness
Working with DigitalGlobe we provide imagery with highest spatial resolution available. Images from a constellation of satellites including WorldView, GeoEye, Quickbird, and Ikonos are available with a spatial resolution of 30 cm to 1 m in natural colour, colour-infrared, and other spectral band combinations.
Airbus Defence and Space
SPOT-6 and -7 provides 1.5 m spatial resolution imagery supporting detailed regional mapping for mining, energy, oil and gas, forestry and plantation, and forest carbon projects.
The WorldDEM global elevation models provides off-the-shelf global coverage regardless of relief characteristics or weather conditions – there is no need for ground control points. WorldDEM offers up to 2 m relative accuracy and 4 m absolute height accuracy at 12 m grid spacing. Delivered for a minimum area of 500 square kilometres, these products are ideal for mineral, geo-thermal, oil and gas exploration, or other developments.
Contact Hatfield’s regional order desks
Canada, US, and Latin America – Hatfield Consultants Partnership
Ms. Aneeqa Syed, Image Sales Representative
+1 604 926 3261 (UTC/GMT -8 hours)
Africa – Hatfield Consultants Africa
Mr. Simon Hughes, Director, Hatfield Africa
+267 397 2661 (UTC/GMT +2 hours)
Asia-Pacific – PT Hatfield Indonesia
Ms. Rina Wulandari, Image Sales Representative
+62 251 8324-487 (UTC/GMT +7 hours)