Marine and Coastal Management
For over four decades, Hatfield has implemented projects in marine and coastal zones around the world, including western Canada, Indonesia, and across Southeast Asia. Hatfield’s portfolio of expertise and services supports government, industry, non-governmental organisations, and communities in pursuit of sustainable marine and coastal management.
Hatfield specialists work in partnership with local stakeholders to promote conservation and sustainable use of marine and coastal resources for the benefit of coastal communities. These activities support sustainable economic growth, and are collectively known as the “blue” economy. Hatfield’s experience includes environmental baseline collections, impact assessments, and effects monitoring for coastal infrastructure including ports, and industrial developments including pulp and paper, and oil and gas.
- Baseline environmental and socio-economic data collection
- Environmental and social impact assessment of developments in oil and gas, mining, pulp and paper, fisheries and aquaculture, and tourism
- Feasibility studies and evaluation of proposed investments in nature-based tourism, fisheries and aquaculture
- Aquaculture site evaluation and monitoring, including GIS analysis and environmental data management
- Marine protected area and coral reef management, including baseline data collection and mapping to support selection of management interventions
- Regulatory review and guidance for sustainable aquaculture, capture fisheries, and tourism
- Facilitating the design of blue economy solutions to food-security, coastal livelihoods, and energy, water, and waste management
- Training and capacity building for assessments, monitoring, and evaluation in fisheries, aquaculture, tourism, and coastal infrastructure projects
- Community consultation and stakeholder engagement
- Development of communications strategies for marine and coastal projects
To find out more about our services or to discuss how we can help you meet your objectives, contact email@example.com (Canada and global) and firstname.lastname@example.org (Indonesia) or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.