GIS and Mapping
To complement our on-the-ground environmental services, Hatfield Consultants provides state-of-the-art mapping and spatial analysis services that add value to your environmental data. We advise government, private sector, and non-government clients on the geographic information systems technology for environmental monitoring and management around the world.
With expertise in remote sensing, GIS, and data management, our specialists develop datasets and analyses that allow you to observe and understand key environmental features of your project. From the Arctic to the tropics, we gather and analyze geospatial and satellite Earth observation data to extract levels of information to highlight patterns and relationships useful for your project, such as terrain, land cover, the built environment, water resources, and sensitive habitats.
Working with your team, we employ a wide range of geospatial data to provide innovative solutions to your environmental challenges.
GIS and Mapping Technologies
- Mobile data collection – we build custom maps and field data collection forms for smartphones and tablets to improve the efficiency and the accuracy of field work
- Web-mapping – our web maps are intuitive to use and streamline team collaboration. We use open source and commercial components and customize the applications to meet client needs.
- Cartography, atlases, and interactive maps – maps contribute to a deeper understanding of our environment, improved communication, and better decision making. Our design professionals build a range of products, including interactive applications such as River Awareness Kits and story maps.
GIS Data Analysis and Management
- Linear alignments – constraints mapping, environmentally sensitive areas, river crossings
- Environmental assessment – EIA data management, spatial analysis, data capture, data integration
- Watershed analysis – drainage basins, landform assessment, and assessment of sensitive areas
- Riparian assessment – habitat mapping and assessment of riparian areas including, river reaches, floodplains, and adjacent wetlands
- Wildlife and biodiversity assessment – wildlife habitat mapping, habitat fragmentation, and data analysis
- Regional planning and strategic environmental studies – data capture, data management and spatial modelling
GIS Requirements Assessment, Design, and Strategy
- Analyze your data, workflows and requirements to help connect people, business processes, and information systems
- Integrate spatial technology within business processes to improve information management, decision making, and service delivery.
- Implement spatial technologies and provide support to ensure successful adoption of new systems and processes
To find out more about our spatial imaging services, view our satellite imagery and elevation services. To discuss your information needs and a mapping solution for your project, contact us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.