Contaminant Monitoring / Agent Orange
Hatfield Consultants is a world-recognized leader in the monitoring and management of the field of Agent Orange and other dioxin containing substances contamination left over from the Viet Nam War and other historical uses of dioxin containing substances in Southeast Asia and other parts of the worldelsewhere. Since the 1980s, we have worked closely with regulatory and medical authorities to measure and monitor ultra-trace levels of contamination in fish and wildlife, human tissue, and sediments in Viet Nam, Lao PDR, Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia, Mongolia, and British Columbia.
- Chemical contamination monitoring – measuring and monitoring existing and proposed industrial development projects
- Bioaccumulation monitoring – dioxin and furan monitoring in sediments and biological tissues
- Environmental Effects Monitoring – integrated assessments of pulpmill water and sediment quality, invertebrate communities, fish health, and sub-lethal effluent toxicity
- Inventory of dioxins and furans – compliance with the Stockholm Convention on persistent organic pollutants (POPs)
- Capacity building – training in the collection, preparation, and analysis of various environmental media and training in site identification and prioritization for remediation
- Health risk assessment – identifying environmental pathways and human exposure