Aquatic Ecology and Biology
Characterizing aquatic ecology and biology is a key strength of Hatfield and we build on more than 40 years of experience. Our knowledge helps clients to understand how the physical, chemical, and biological components of aquatic ecosystems intersect and interact with your project, from concept through to closure. We work in river, lake, and marine environments for public and private sector clients around the world, and our experience enables us to design, permit, and monitor projects using approaches that are tailored to address the specific needs of each of our clients. We use our expertise to help minimize project impacts on the environment and to ensure that our clients remain in compliance with their regulatory obligations.
- Aquatic baseline studies to determine environmental conditions in advance of project permitting.
- Environmental Assessments of the aquatic impacts of proposed projects, including professional guidance on industry-leading avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Effects Monitoring programs in conformance with Canadian and/or international legislation.
- Aquatic habitat modeling and biodiversity assessments.
- Watershed enhancement and restoration design and monitoring, which can support offsetting measures when serious harm to aquatic habitats by a project are unavoidable.