Supporting responsible development in the Alberta Oil Sands
The oil sands region of northern Alberta are a resource of global significance. With a local office in Fort McMurray since 2003, Hatfield Consultants has developed strong working relationships with government, industry, and Aboriginal groups. Our on-the-ground presence enables a quick response time and lowers costs. Our staff have local knowledge, contacts, and networks built through years of Alberta-based experience. We help our oil sands clients meet environmental commitments in keeping with industrial, provincial, and federal regulations.
Oil sands services
- Environmental monitoring programs for climate, hydrology and hydrogeology, water and sediment quality, fish populations, benthic invertebrate communities, wildlife, and acid-sensitive lakes
- Baseline inventories and environmental impact assessments for proposed industrial developments
- Web-based data management systems that provide access to environmental monitoring data
- Remote sensing to support regular, cost-effective environmental monitoring
- Construction monitoring, regulatory approvals, and infrastructure environmental management