Mining and Exploration
Environmental and social services for mining – worldwide
From northern Canada to southern Africa and Southeast Asia, Hatfield Consultants has decades of experience supporting mining projects from exploration to reclamation.
We use innovative and practical techniques to help our clients meet or exceed regulatory requirements and ensure minimal environmental and social impact across the mine life-cycle. Whether performing initial baseline assessments or designing plans for environmental restoration, Hatfield Consultants is dedicated to maintaining our exceptional record of consulting excellence for the mining industry, across Canada and around the world.
Mining and exploration services:
- Scoping studies
- Plans and systems to manage biophysical and social risks, impacts, and benefits
- Baseline environmental inventories and monitoring studies across the mine life cycle
- Environmental impact assessment, permitting, and Environmental Effects Monitoring
- Liaison with regulatory agencies and permit application preparation
- Social impact assessments including baseline surveys and key informant interviews
- Stakeholder and public consultation
- Community and Indigenous Peoples engagement and procedural aspects of consultation as required/requested by regulators
- GIS and remote sensing for impact studies and monitoring
- Mine closure and post-closure reclamation and restoration plans
- Information and knowledge management to increase accessibility and usability of environmental information