Fisheries and Aquaculture
Fisheries expertise across tropical, temperate and Arctic waters
Fisheries and aquatic ecology form the core of our environmental services. For over 40 years, we have carried out fisheries projects for both public and private clients across Canada and around the world. We regularly manage monitoring programs that assess the effects of development on fish populations and the suitability of fish for consumption by humans and wildlife. Whether establishing compensation habitat or studying the aquatic environment for signs of contamination, we have decades of experience that allow us to identify the best strategies for your project’s particular environmental needs.
Fisheries, and fish habitat services
- Fish habitat assessments, population studies, environmental impact assessments, and other tailored aquatic ecology services.
- Environmental Effects Monitoring programs in line with Canadian legislation and/or international standards.
- Contamination and tainting testing in receiving environments.
- Design and optimization of offset habitats to sustain fish welfare near project sites.
- Preparation and implementation of watershed restoration and enhancement plans.
- Social and economic impact assessments of fisheries.
- Traditional, cultural, and livelihood studies of fisheries and fish resources.
To find out more about our work with fisheries and aquaculture or to discuss how our services can help your fisheries project, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.