North Vancouver/New Westminster, Canada
Marketing and Procurement Specialist
General Description: Hatfield Consultants is seeking a Marketing and Procurement Specialist to join our North Vancouver office.
Established in Vancouver in 1974, Hatfield is one of Canada’s leading independent environmental consulting companies. We have a reputation for excellence and high-quality work and provide services in environmental assessment and monitoring, water resource evaluation, GIS and remote sensing, environmental information systems, human environment, aquatic ecology, wildlife, and biodiversity assessment.
The Marketing and Procurement Specialist will join our team in North Vancouver playing a key role in supporting corporate marketing and procurement administration. Responsibilities and activities will be coordinated with partners and managers in our offices in Vancouver, New Westminster, Terrace, and Fort St John in BC and offices in Calgary and Fort McMurray in Alberta. Further, coordination with our international offices is required.
This important role within Hatfield requires a well-organized team player that enjoys multi-tasking and the challenges and opportunities presented in a consulting environment. The Marketing and Procurement Specialist will report to Hatfield’s Marketing Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Corporate marketing and Procurement:
- Opportunity tracking: monitor and evaluate international and domestic business opportunities and provide information to the sector-specific recipients.
- Marketing and proposal materials: develop and maintain corporate marketing materials and proposal development materials in collaboration with technical experts and managers.
- Proposal development: support the preparation, organization, and submission of proposals, working closely with technical leads and desktop publishers.
- Reporting: maintain a win-loss record and domestic and international opportunities pipeline.
- Meetings: participate in weekly corporate marketing meetings.
- Business development: support participation in business development meetings and events.
- Customer Relationship Management: support the update and maintenance of client information.
- Website: update corporate website content in collaboration with managers and partners, including news releases and social media.
- Trade Shows: coordination of tasks pertaining to tradeshow events and campaigns.
- Public relations: support the response to media inquiries and develop a strategy for responding to all inquiries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in teams (including virtual teams).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with specialization in marketing, communications or administration.
- Two to five years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams distributed across offices.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience using WordPress is an asset.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign is an asset.
- Knowledge of the environmental sector is an asset.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Marketing – Vancouver” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.