Full Stack Software Engineer – Junior, Intermediate or Senior
Hatfield Consultants has an opening for a software specialist, focused on the design, architecture and implementation of environmental software solutions. At Hatfield, we apply environmental and social science to advance environmental stewardship and responsible development.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Position Overview: We are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer with experience in web development to perform the following duties:
- Design and develop progressive web applications
- Develop use cases, functional requirements and documentation
- Develop and review code using best available software tools and techniques
- Communicate about scheduling, project status and issues
Applications that Hatfield’s Environmental Information Systems team has built and supports include:
- Hydrometric, water quality and climate data integration systems
- Community-based environmental monitoring platforms
- Environmental data interoperability and exchange systems
- Stakeholder engagement platforms
- Web-GIS mapping and analysis systems
- Satellite data integration and analysis platforms
- Cultural resource management systems
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing, building and deploying responsive and progressive web applications, API’s, and data management platforms
- B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Eng. or higher degree
- Must be able to work independently and with technical and non-technical users to design, implement and test complex web applications
- Self-motivated person who takes your own initiative
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to analyze requirements and recommend solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal and written). Ability to formulate, organize, and communicate technical ideas and effectively convey these ideas.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Knowledge or experience with environmental management processes and datasets (such as fisheries data, hydrology data, etc.)
- Knowledge of environmental, social, and/or cultural data management and analytics
- Experience with geospatial data and web-based mapping systems
- Organized and results oriented with good project and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in a consulting environment (preferred).
- VueJS, Angular, Jquery, Knockout, Bootstrap/Material, Leaflet, Ionic, Cordova
- Node.JS, ASP.NET, C#, Python, PHP
- MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres/PostGIS, RabbitMQ, Elastic, Redis, SharePoint
- REST, Docker, Kubernetes
At Hatfield, the Environmental Information Systems team believes that information can be leveraged to better manage the environment, thereby improving our lives and the world we live in. This position will be full-time on site in our head office in North Vancouver where the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work alongside our multidisciplinary team of environmental scientists and specialists.
Hatfield recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. We take pride in our work-life balance that sets us apart from other technology firms.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Full Stack Software Engineer – Vancouver” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.