Desktop Publisher & Corporate Administrative Assistant
The Desktop Publisher & Corporate Administrative Assistant is a split position based in Hatfield’s North Vancouver office. The chosen candidate will divide their time between providing desktop publishing, word-processing and administrative support related to report production (3 days per week), and assisting with reception coverage and other administrative duties, as required (2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the word-processing and desktop publishing of large, complex reports and proposals including the creation of tables of contents and appendices.
- Assist with clerical duties as required such as photocopying, printing, collating and scanning documents related to document production.
- Assist with full reception coverage duties for 2 days per week and back-up front desk coverage when Receptionist is away and during lunch (requires some flexibility for special situations).
- Provide back-up coverage for corporate administrative tasks when the Human Resources Assistant is away (coordinating orientation schedules, booking training courses, etc.).
- Assist Hatfield managers and partners with corporate administrative items as needed.
- Assist the administration team to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate user of Adobe products, including Adobe Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with Office 365 and/or SharePoint would be an asset.
- Ability to stay focused and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work within tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humour.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Intermediate Desktop Publisher and/or relevant document production experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with general office administrative duties.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Administration and/or related experience is desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please mark “Desktop Publisher” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.