Accounting and Administrative Assistant
General Description: The Accounting and Admin Assistant will be responsible in providing general assistance to the Accounting and Admin Department. This is a full-time, permanent role located in our head office in North Vancouver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for following contracts or service agreements for invoicing schedule and requirements.
- Assists in the accuracy and timely processing of monthly invoices.
- Assists in preparing invoice coding by following cost accounting procedures.
- Assists in accounts payable and banking requirements.
- Enters transactions (A/R invoice, cash receipts, general ledger, etc.) into accounting system.
- Assists in time tracking and payroll management.
- Liaises with project managers to solve day to day budget issues.
- Responsible for cash collection and following up with clients on outstanding invoices.
- Provides reports as required and handles A/R enquiries.
- Assists in bank reconciliation and other general accounting duties as assigned such as payroll and accounts reconciliations.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in intermediate level Excel.
- Experience with project-related accounting software is an asset.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle a large volume of work with accuracy in a fast paced company.
- Self starter and team player.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Skills in both verbal and written communication.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five years accounting related experience, preferably in service industry; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Diploma in Accounting is preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Accounting – Vancouver” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.