Fort McMurray, Canada
Hatfield is seeking a Junior Hydrologist to join our growing water resources group in Fort McMurray, AB. As part of the dynamic Hatfield team, the Junior Hydrologist will provide field, technical and project management support for the design and implementation of hydrology, climate, hydrogeology, and water resource components of Hatfield’s projects in northern Alberta.
Location: Fort McMurray, AB – This is a full-time permanent position. All of our staff reside in Fort McMurray. This is not a fly-in, fly-out position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, participate in and/or lead field programs required for hydrologic, hydrogeologic, climate, and water quality data collection and monitoring.
- Participate in teams of water resource and environmental technicians responsible for conducting baseline studies, assessments, and ongoing monitoring programs.
- Support hydrometric, hydrogeologic, and climatological site selection and study design activities.
- Compile, manage and assess hydrometric, hydrogeologic, climate, water quality, and water use data.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated to meet operational and field requirements.
- Support on-going data management and reporting functions.
- Experience and interest in field work. Field work in remote locations is required.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.Sc. or technical diploma in sciences or engineering with some prior formal training (e.g., coursework) in hydrology and/or hydrogeology.
- Appropriate qualifications for work in and Alberta and British Columbia, and a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience related to hydrometric, climate, groundwater monitoring, and/or surface water and groundwater sampling.
- Familiarity with the Alberta, British Columbia and Federal regulatory environments for environmental monitoring and construction projects would be an asset.
- Proven communication skills (verbal and written – including technical or scientific writing).
- Other experience that would be an asset includes: construction environmental monitoring; soil, sediment, surface and groundwater quality sampling; and, environmental effects monitoring and reporting.
Reply in confidence with your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please mark “Junior Hydrologist – Fort McMurray” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.