Fort McMurray, Canada
Infrastructure Environmental Manager
General Description: Hatfield has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, confident and self-motivated Environmental Manager to join our growing company and take their career to the next level. The Environmental Manager will be assigned to Hatfield’s Infrastructure and Environmental Management Group and will be responsible for: (i) managing a portfolio of projects related to environmental permitting, licensing, and compliance for infrastructure development projects in Alberta and BC for all relevant local, provincial and federal environmental regulations; and (ii) providing senior direction and support to marketing and business development activities in the Infrastructure and Environmental Management Group.
Location: Fort McMurray, AB – This is a full-time permanent position. All of our staff reside in Fort McMurray. This is not a fly-in, fly-out position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project teams within Hatfield to ensure design and construction compliance with local, provincial (Alberta), and federal environmental legislative and regulatory requirements for infrastructure development projects, including: serving as primary client contact; preparation and submission of all necessary design/report documents; general meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups; scheduling; and budgets (development and tracking); providing technical guidance on environmental protection and environmental permitting and licensing to developers and engineers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business plans for the Infrastructure and Environmental Management Group, conduct marketing activities as required for current and prospective clients; lead the preparation of technical and financial proposals for the Infrastructure and Environmental Management group.
- Experienced at providing environmental design inputs for major infrastructure projects, and able to work closely with design engineers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience and success in marketing and business development.
- Experience with managing or leading stakeholder consultations.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written – technical or scientific writing).
Education and Experience:
- Must be eligible or have a professional designation (e.g. PBiol, PAg, PChem, P. Eng, etc.).
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in and a relevant professional designation in either BC or Alberta.
- A minimum of five years managing environmental aspects of infrastructure development projects at a senior level.
- A minimum of three years managing a portfolio of environmental permitting, licensing, and compliance projects for infrastructure developments.
- Familiarity with federal and provincial (Alberta) environmental regulatory and permitting requirements associated with infrastructure development projects
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams is essential.
- Experience with a range of environmental disciplines (air quality, noise, surface and groundwater quality, soils, vegetation, fish and fish habitat, contaminated sites, archaeology, First Nations, etc.) is an asset.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork; and an ability/interest to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations.
Reply in confidence with your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please mark “Infrastructure Manager – Fort McMurray” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.