Hatfield Consultants is seeking a Data Specialist for our Environmental Information Systems (EIS) team
to be based in either our North Vancouver or Calgary office. Hatfield’s EIS team develops custom digital
solutions for our clients that help improve their environmental and social data acquisition, access,
sharing, and reporting.
As a Data Specialist, your key responsibilities will include managing and driving data management
discussions and projects with Hatfield staff and clients, and providing technical inputs to projects with a
diverse array of environmental management objectives. Strong communication skills and the ability to
understand the unique needs of a wide variety of clients are important in this position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement environmental data management activities for Hatfield and our clients, ranging in
- scale from small data collection programs to regional-scale environmental monitoring initiatives.
- Engage with multidisciplinary teams delivering environmental and social information. Engage in
- all components of planning, executing, and closing of a project cycle.
- Write proposals and identify business opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, willing to learn new skills, and able to work independently.
- Experience using R and/or Python for environmental data analysis and reporting.
- Strong background in statistics.
- Experience with a variety of database engines (i.e. SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- B.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field.
- Strong management, organizational, and planning skills.
- Able to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Values diversity and collaboration and has an interest in mentoring others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Additional Skills and Experience Considered a Strong Asset:
- Previous consulting experience.
- Experience with Environmental management plans including reporting and quality management
- Experience with human-centered design (HCD) approaches.
- Experience with Geospatial data.
Reply in confidence with your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please mark “Data Specialist – Calgary” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.