Senior Social Specialist
Established in 1990, with offices in Bogor, Jakarta, and Bali, PT. Hatfield Indonesia is an internationally recognized environmental consulting company focused on delivering high quality services to our clients in private and public sectors. Our company provides science-based solutions in a range of sectors including infrastructure, mining, forestry, renewable energy, international development, marine and coastal ecosystem management, and others.
We work for a wide range of clients in the private sector, national and international government agencies, international finance institutions, and civil society organizations. We provide our clients with a range of services including environmental risk and impact assessments, stakeholder engagement and social economic assessments, regulatory compliance auditing and due diligence, environmental policy review and management planning, and geomatics and remote sensing. To deliver these services, we have an integrated team of national and international specialists that understand the need for strong environmental and social science in support of sustainable development in Indonesia.
PT. Hatfield Indonesia is seeking someone with the skills and knowledge to join our management team at PT. Hatfield Indonesia to help us realize our mission, and build a sustainable future for our company, and our country. Your passion and expertise are essential to help grow our business, and we are offering an amazing opportunity to be part of a company that interacts across a wide range of sectors and clients, in Indonesia and internationally. For the right person there is also the opportunity to be part of the business development and management of a diversified company that is looking to expand into new and exciting markets.
Hatfield recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PT. Hatfield Indonesia come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the environmental sector, as well as the ability to work with and manage a diverse team of national and international staff. You will also have familiarity with working with national and international clients in Bahasa and English, and experience working with national and international standards. In addition, you possess the ability to develop business within your network, along our existing lines of business, or pursue new lines of work that align with our vision and mission as a company. Overall, our ideal candidate shares our desire to grow the capability of our company to support our clients in more effectively implement their work.
Location: Bogor or Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment Term: Contract (6-12 months) and permanent positions are available
Work days: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to undertake projects related to social surveys and impact assessments, environmental and social due diligence against national and international standards.
- Recommend, and develop appropriate studies and tools to answer study specific social and economic aspects within projects covering a range of potential areas in Indonesia, sectors, and requirements.
- Conduct data analysis and present results through reporting, presentations, or other documentation.
- Manage project delivery, including cost, schedule and communication for projects under his/her control.
- Support development of new business opportunities, including discussions with potential clients, proposal development, and other marketing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years experience working on social impact assessment, due diligence, community development, gender analysis and programming and/or CSR projects.
- Experience in developing and implementing high level social surveys and stakeholder engagement.
- Familiar with national and international environmental assessment processes and regulations, and relevant national and international laws and regulations concerning human rights, labour requirements, and corporate social and community development.
- Experience implementing projects under international standards/safeguards for social consultation and engagement, i.e., IFC, World Bank, ADB, etc.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork; and an ability/interest to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations for extended periods of time.
- Leadership experience, and desire to lead teams of multi-disciplinary technical and non-technical experts to undertake a range of projects.
- Mentorship experience, and desire to help improve skills and capacities of team members from a range of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience in conducting marketing and business development with a range of clients in different sectors.
- Experience in developing and implementing social research and assessment of indigenous groups and/or gender specific studies in accordance with IFC and World Bank standards is desirable.
- Experience developing and implementing targeted social surveys in order to address study-specific questions or concerns, using socially and culturally appropriate techniques.
- Experience in reporting and project management, using tools to track time management, budget management, and team management.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to support business development and marketing activities using modern networking skills and able to leverage an existing network in the private sector, government, non-governmental organizations and/or universities to develop new business opportunities.
- Confidence to undertake negotiation and mediation with senior decision makers, both internally and externally.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we would love to meet you and talk about it. Please contact us at email@example.com with a recent CV or other suitable introduction to yourself and your skills and we will get back to you as soon as possible