Senior Environmental Specialist
PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a well-established (1990) and growing environmental consulting company that offers excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals.
PTHI is seeking to hire a Senior Environmental Specialist. The selected individual will work under the supervision of the Environmental Manager and other senior staff in providing management and technical expertise for the design, management and implementation of environmental projects in Indonesia.
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Employment Status: 6 months – 12 months (with potential extension)
Work days: Full time
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to and managing aspects of various environmental projects some of which will include: Environmental Safeguards, Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Audits, Environmental Baseline Surveys, and liaise with clients, government bodies for environmental permit approval, as well as with international lenders for ESHIA approval.
- Assisting in the development of proposals for various environmental projects (as mentioned above).
- Analyzing data and report writing related with environmental projects.
- Reporting and coordinating project activities with senior management.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of Master degree in Environmental Engineering, and/or related fields of specialization such as Biology, Forestry, Chemistry, or Fisheries.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience working on environmental projects or in environmental consultancy in Indonesia.
- Experience working in the sector of: infrastructure, oil & gas, and mining.
- Experience as team leaders for environmental projects is an advantage.
- Familiar with Indonesian environmental regulations as well as with international environmental guidelines for numerous sectors: infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, forestry, agriculture, etc.
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
- Computer skills: MS Office, MS Project, Statistical Software (or other additional as an advantage).
- Have an AMDAL certificate issued by national certification agency. Have a training related to ESHIA/IFC PSs will be an advantage.
- Familiar with environmental consultancy business.
- Possess good network and contacts with the environmental organizations and experts.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Have project management skills (i.e., team management, budget control, project schedule)
Please email your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Provide three references with contact name, organization, email, phone number.Only short-listed candidates will be notified.