Organizational Effectiveness and Capacity-Strengthening Expert
Hatfield Consultants is assisting our client, the Packard Foundation, in filling the part-time role of Organizational Effectiveness and Capacity-Strengthening Expert based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
In late 2018, the Packard Foundation’s Board of Trustees decided to increase investments in Organizational Effectiveness (OE) program in response to feedback from grantee partners about the importance of OE funding to strengthen organizational and leadership capacity in the sectors and geographic areas central to the Foundation’s goals. This heightened approach to OE expands the types of capacity-building support available. Additionally, the Board affirmed the importance of OE in international grantmaking given the important role of international grantmaking within the Foundation’s programs and the relative dearth of OE resources for grantees in many countries where the Foundation works. The OE program recognizes the need to better support international grantees interested in OE projects and to provide mechanisms to learn from these projects and harvest the tools and experiences for the benefit of the sector and other grantees. Among the Foundation’s international geographies, Indonesia stands out as a priority as three Foundation strategies operate in the country and the high demand for OE engagement from program and grantees.
The OE program is seeking a part-time OE and Capacity-Strengthening Expert to provide support and guidance on the capacity-building and leadership development work funded by the Packard Foundation in Indonesia. This will include advising Foundation grantees who are undertaking OE projects, providing support and guidance on strategic approaches to the work in Indonesia, and serving as a resource person and leader on development in the capacity-building sector in Indonesia.
- Provide information to prospective grantees on the OE program guidelines and funding opportunities.
- Provide on-demand support for grantees to help them develop and frame a compelling project aligned to their organizational priorities and to the OE guidelines.
- Assist grantees with proposal development and submission. This may include helping to identify consultant resources – although the final decision of the consultant rests with the grantee.
- Work with the Foundation and grantees to support multi-year organizational capacity-building projects. This will include research and design of the right structure to support multi-year organizational development support to organizations in Indonesia.
- Seek out and develop opportunities for learning and connection across grantees and OE and capacity-building projects including but not limited to: peer-to-peer learning; sharing of promising practices, and lessons; and development of tools and resources based on successful experiences and outcomes.
- As needed, provide insight into the capacity-building sector in Indonesia, including providing recommendations on how the Foundation could play a role in strengthening this sector and engaging with leaders in the sector for various partnership opportunities.
- Other tasks may include: support for grantmaking process, on-call guidance to grantees, and support on report review.
- Deep knowledge of the capacity-building sector in Indonesia and ideally in the larger Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
- Demonstrated success and a track record of 5+ years providing capacity-building and organizational strengthening support to non-profit leaders and national and international organizations in Indonesia.
- Experience in philanthropy as program staff or as a consultant.
- Collaborative team player who brings curiosity and humility to the role.
- Available for flexible working hours for communications with international collaborators.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience serving in a senior program or executive leadership role in a non-profit organization in Indonesia or internationally a plus.
- Familiarity with the Packard Foundation and its programs a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, compensation expectations, and CV describing your experience to email@example.com by August 2, 2019 (no phone calls please). Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please indicate “OE Expert” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.