National REDD+ Safeguards Information Systems Specialist
PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a well-established (1990) and growing environmental consulting company that offers excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals.
PTHI is seeking to hire a National REDD+ Safeguards Information System (SIS) Specialist. The selected individual will support our project with ADB: “Project Implementation Supporting Unit (PISU) Consultants”.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract Period: October 2018 – December 2021
Days available: 12 person-month, intermittent
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess existing approaches, including PRISAI, to safeguards information provision, and assess the validity of currently identified REDD+ safeguards indicators.
- Revise/update the list of REDD+ safeguards indicators, as necessary.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations at district and FMU levels on (a) potential types and sources of information for each safeguard indicator, (b) potential monitoring and assessment options, and (c) methods for safeguards information dissemination.
- Prepare a draft report that details potential options for types and sources of information, and methods for their dissemination.
- Identify data needs and establish REDD+ SIS at district and provincial levels, building on efforts of other development partners in West Kalimantan province.
- Contribute to the workshops and training on REDD+ SIS.
- Provide inputs to the national MRV specialist on REDD+ monitoring systems regarding REDD+ safeguards (social and environmental).
- Report on the implementation of REDD+ safeguards at regular intervals, in line with international guidelines and requirements.
- Document lessons learned and success stories on SIS to improve South-South collaboration.
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a REDD+ safeguards specialist.
- Master’s degree or higher in forestry, climate change, information systems, environmental policy or a related area.
- Familiar with SIS developed by other development partners, including Principles, Criteria and Indicators for REDD+ Safeguards in Indonesia (PRISAI).
- Familiar with donor funded projects, especially using the on/on grant mechanism.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Have proven ability in report writing for professional purposes.
Please email your application letter and CV to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Provide three references with contact name, organization, email, phone number.Only short-listed candidates will be notified.