Established in 1990, with offices in Bogor, Jakarta, and Bali, PT. Hatfield Indonesia is an internationally recognized environmental consulting company focused on delivering high quality services to our clients in private and public sectors. Our company provides science-based solutions in a range of sectors including infrastructure, mining, forestry, renewable energy, international development, marine and coastal management, and others. We work for a wide range of clients in the private sector, national and international government agencies, international finance institutions, and civil society organizations. We provide our clients with a range of services including environmental risk and impact assessments, stakeholder engagement and social economic assessments, regulatory compliance auditing and due diligence, environmental policy review and management planning, and geomatics and remote sensing. To deliver these services, we have an integrated team of national and international specialists that understand the need for strong environmental and social science in support of sustainable development in Indonesia.
Are you passionate about environmental science? Think you have the skills and desire to make difference in your country? Would you like to work with a team of like-minded professionals?
PT. Hatfield Indonesia is seeking to hire a national expert for the position of Environmental Specialist in our Jakarta or Bogor office. The ideal candidate for this position will have a desire to support sustainable development in Indonesia and possess a working knowledge of national and international standards of environmental and social management. You want to use your education and skills to provide clients with the best approaches that result in the best outcomes for their business and our environment.
Hatfield recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PT. Hatfield Indonesia come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community. We offer excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals.
Location: Bogor or Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment Term: 12 months (with potential extension)
Work days: Full time
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting technical implementation of national and international level environmental projects including: Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA/AMDAL), environmental monitoring studies, and environmental and social due diligence studies.
- Liaising with national and international clients, government agencies or other companies regarding project development, implementation, and approvals processes.
- Provide suitable technical and analytical skills to support project implementation; in the field and in the office.
- Report writing in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Participation in management and coordination of project activities within a team and with senior management.
- Developing scientifically defensible analysis, reports, and advice for clients.
- Ensure compliance with Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, client health and safety protocols, and compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan.
- The selected individual will work under the supervision of an international team of partners and senior managers to provide high quality design, management and implementation of environmental projects in Indonesia.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in environmental management, monitoring, or assessment projects in Indonesia; preferably with an environmental consultancy.
- Working understanding and experience applying Indonesian (environmental) regulations and international environmental and social standards in project development, across a variety of sectors including infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, forestry, and agriculture.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to travel to project sites, sometimes to remote areas, across Indonesia.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with international staff and clients.
- A university degree in an environmental field, i.e., Environmental Engineering, Biology, Forestry, Chemistry, Fisheries, etc.
- Experience working directly with international environmental and social standards (i.e., IFC, WB, ADB, etc.).
- Experience working on environmental projects adhering to international standards in the aforementioned sectors.
- Demonstrated experience working as a positive team contributor.
- Understanding and experience of basic project management approaches (i.e., team management, budget control, and project scheduling).
To apply, please submit a cover letter, salary expectations, and CV describing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please indicate “Environmental Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.