Development Project Specialist
PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a well-established (1990) and growing environmental consulting company that offers excellent career opportunities for highly motivated individuals.
PTHI is seeking to hire a Senior Development Project Specialist. The ideal candidate will provide management and technical expertise for the design, management and implementation of international donor funded development projects in Indonesia.
Location: Bogor or Jakarta, Indonesia
Employment Status: 12 months (with potential extension)
Work days: Full time
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Development Phase:
- Contribute to business development/marketing activities focusing on donor institutions (WB, ADB, KfW, EU, GEF, etc.). This will include: meetings, presentation of company profile, looking for potential partners, meeting with Government Offices as the potential Project Executing Agency, and development of project concept notes, Expressions of Interest, and Proposals (technical and financial).
- Contribute to the development of a winning team in response to project opportunities. This will include providing inputs to search for qualified experts to be included into the team.
- Lead the development of large proposals responding to International Donors.
Project Implementation Phase:
- Plan, manage and monitor implementation of development projects.
- Supervise project implementation to ensure compliance with the project’s TOR, company quality standards and the project work plan. This will include project finance tracking.
- Provide support to the project implementation team for project reporting (both progress reports and technical reports). This will include writing reports (as needed) and providing QA/QC for reports written by the project team.
- Provide support to the project implementation team related to client liaison (meeting with government offices, client/donor, and other external parties relevant to project scope).
- Provide regular reports to the Project Director on overall project performance, issues, and ongoing review of the project.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of Master degree in environment, forestry, social or other studies from a reputable university.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience working on development projects.
- Experience working on various development projects from international donor agencies (e.g., World Bank, ADB, KfW, GEF, EU, DFID, etc.).
- Familiar with grant mechanisms, government budget plans, implementation and reporting.
- Experience acting in the role of Project Manager or similar (i.e., conducting planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities).
- Previous consulting experience is essential.
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
- Possess a good network of contacts from international donor agencies, non-governmental organizations, universities, and related experts in Indonesia.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills (i.e., team management, budget control, project scheduling).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, writing and analytical skills.
Please email your application letter and CV to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Provide three references with contact name, organization, email, phone number. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.