With close to 50 years of environmental consulting experience, Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development, a fun and inclusive environment, and providing flexible work arrangements including hybrid work options and a biweekly earned days off program. In addition, we have a flat organizational structure, and a friendly, accessible, and down-to-earth management team that truly cares about employee career progression.
We are seeking a total of 3 permanent full-time Water Resources Managers for our Water Resource Group based out of our North Vancouver or New Westminster, BC office, Calgary office, and Fort McMurray office. You will lead and support the growth of existing, strong local teams in each of these offices, which include several hydrologists, hydrogeologists, engineers, water specialists, and technicians. You will also be part of our Group’s larger management team, and support business planning and strategic development. The successful candidate is expected to be a pro-active leader with a technical background in one of the following areas:
- Water quality;
- Water or Environmental Engineering; or
- Water management and permitting.
- Manage and support the development, training and growth of a team of hydrologists, water resource specialists and technicians.
- Manage projects, including:
- serving as primary client contact;
- preparing or reviewing reports and documents;
- general meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups;
- budget development and tracking; and
- providing technical or regulatory guidance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of local business development and strategic plans.
- Lead the preparation of technical and financial proposals as required for current and prospective clients.
- Liaise with Hatfield senior managers and partners on financial and human resource management issues.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure compliance with Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, client health and safety protocols, Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- A relevant educational background in a water-related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading technical work and managing projects and staff.
- Experience operating in a dynamic environment that requires leadership, flexibility, and teamwork.
- A collaborative, team player and mentor approach.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigor to all projects and deliverables.
- A sound working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and permitting requirements.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Water Resources Manager” in your subject line. Additionally, please indicate what location you are applying for. Due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be notified but we will retain your resume for any future openings.