Hatfield is an innovative, purpose-driven company that designs and develops environmental and socio-economic information management software solutions. We have developed a unique citizenship registry solution that supports Indigenous self-governance that has gained significant momentum. We are seeking a Software Product Manager that will build on current momentum and play a critical role to develop the solution, including liaising with our business partners, the software development team, and Indigenous organizations. The product manager must possess strong communication skills and be passionate to develop solutions that address the unique needs of Indigenous communities and organizations.
Location: This position will initially work remotely due to the COVID-19 mitigation measures, but in the future the product manager will be expected to regularly attend one of our Canadian offices (North Vancouver, New Westminster, Calgary, Terrace, Fort St. John, or Fort McMurray).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently looking to expand our team with a Product Manager to manage software development projects for Hatfield’s suite of Indigenous Governance Software systems. Daily activities typically involve leading client meetings, managing projects, managing software development, and supporting the team to develop effective software with a keen focus on user experience and usability. Other responsibilities include:
- Managing relationships with select Indigenous organizations and our business partners.
- Overseeing and managing the technical development and implementation of solutions customized for each Indigenous organization.
- Define project requirements through detailed needs analysis and technical roadmapping, which include conducting client and stakeholder interviews, research, strategic analysis, specifications, and cost proposals.
- Designing and developing user interface design wireframes and user flow diagrams.
- Managing project timelines, budgets, team availability and anticipating obstacles to productivity of both local and remote development teams.
- Lead all quality assurance and technical support activities.
- Identify and pursue business opportunities related to supporting Indigenous organizations self-governance.
Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience creating software requirements, specifications, and cost proposals.
- Exceptional listening, organizing and self-learning skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience building strong working relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Values diversity and collaboration.
- Ability to work in a team context with both software developers and non-technical users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Additional Skills and Experience Considered a Strong Asset:
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous communities and organizations.
- Sales and/or consulting experience, particularly with Indigenous organizations.
- International work or volunteer experience.
- Experience providing validation, security and quality assurance reviews of software systems and contributing to software design and development specifications.
- Experience designing and implementing highly usable interactive web-based data management systems.
Hatfield embraces diversity and respect for different cultures. Hatfield recognizes that employees, irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic background, religion or age can contribute their skills and perspectives to improve services we offer clients. As this position’s primary focus will be working with Indigenous organizations and communities, candidates of Indigenous heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Software Product Manager” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.