Hatfield is recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers as well as Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers for 2022. With close to 50 years of environmental consulting experience, our work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development, a fun and inclusive environment, and providing flexible work arrangements including hybrid work options and a biweekly earned days off program. In addition, we have a flat organizational structure, a friendly, accessible, and down-to-earth management team that truly cares about employee career progression.
We’re seeking a co-op R Tool Developer to join our Environmental Data Analytics team for a 4- or 8-month internship (8 months preferred). Hybrid work is possible from either our North Vancouver or New Westminster office. As an R tool developer, you will create and update R packages and R Shiny Apps that can be used as data analysis tools by staff scientists and as microservices for our web-based environmental data management software “EnviroData” (see www.envirodata.io). You will also work with Hatfield staff and clients to perform statistical analyses, wrangle and clean data, and make interactive data visualizations.
- Create and update R packages and R Shiny Apps that can be used as data analysis tools by staff scientists and as microservices for our web-based environmental data management software “EnviroData”.
- Work with Hatfield staff and clients to perform statistical analyses, wrangle and clean data, and make interactive data visualizations.
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a natural resource management or environmental sciences degree program with experience in a data science, computer science, and/or statistics.
- Previous co-op or internship experience is an asset.
- Experience with the analysis of environmental datasets (such as water quality data, fisheries data, hydrology data, etc.).
- Experience conducting statistical analyses of environmental datasets using R.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “R Tool Developer Co-op Vancouver” in your subject line. Due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be notified but we will retain your resume for any future openings.