Hatfield is a progressive and growing owner-operated consultancy that is focused on providing the highest quality environmental services to our clients. Hatfield has been in business for more than 45 years and is one of the largest, independent environmental consultancies headquartered in western Canada.
This full-time position presents a tremendous opportunity for an experienced and energetic individual to play a key role in the development of high-quality proposals to clients across a range of sectors. We place great emphasis on providing industry-leading quality services, that incorporate scientific rigour and integrity, and Indigenous and community engagement.
The successful candidate will have deep understanding and experience in the proposal development process, particularly those demanding contributions from multiple technical disciplines, sub-contractors, and administrative, health and safety, and quality management functions. The proposal development specialist will work closely with colleagues across Hatfield’s Canadian offices, showing leadership in the coordination of high quality proposals.
This position may initially predominantly work remotely due to COVID-19 mitigation measures, but in the future will regularly attend one of our Vancouver offices. Hatfield supports flexible working arrangements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate team members and implement internal deadlines to ensure proposal components are completed on time, and track progress to completion (working in close coordination with the technical leads).
- Function as the primary point of contact for proposal compilation internally and with external subconsultants, when required.
- Review proposal request documents (e.g., RFQ, RFP, EOI, etc.) to help guide and prepare succinct, effective, and complete responses, and ensure compliance to any proposal-specific terms or formatting/presentation constraints.
- Assist with non-technical writing components including opportunity-specific executive summaries, corporate history, project descriptions, organizational charts, and CV’s.
- Coordinate inputs and ensure the combined submission has a uniform and coherent voice, flow and appearance.
- Provide editorial oversight (i.e., copy editing) for proposals when time allows.
- Facilitate reviews and perform quality control checks on final documents.
- Participate in proposal strategy and review meetings, when needed.
- Support the maintenance of a proposal toolkit – ensuring that up-to-date and professional materials are available to proposal development, including project descriptions, corporate profiles, policies, and other relevant materials.
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge of the tendering and proposal development requirements for clients in multiple sectors in western Canada.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard to proposal development.
- Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment that requires multi-tasking, flexibility, and collaboration under tight timelines.
- Excellent research and analytical skills (data compilation and analysis).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ similar experience in a consulting environment.
- Competency in Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, and Adobe products.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Proposal Development Specialist – Vancouver” in your email subject line. Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.