Hatfield is seeking an experienced, technically strong and driven individual to join the leadership team of our BC Water Resource Group (WRG). This position will be based out of our North Vancouver or New Westminster offices and also work collaboratively with and support our teams in Calgary and Fort McMurray.
The successful candidate will possess significant experience and technical expertise in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Water Management;
- Water Resource Engineering; or
- Water quality modelling.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the environmental consulting market in British Columbia and an interest in developing business related to these water disciplines.
Location: North Vancouver or New Westminster, BC – This is a full-time permanent position.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of water resource technicians, specialists and scientists responsible for conducting technical work, which may include but is not limited to hydrologic, hydrogeologic and climate baseline characterization, water resource evaluation, modelling and impact assessment, and operational compliance monitoring studies.
- Manage projects, including: serving as primary client contact; preparing or reviewing technical analysis, reports and documents; general meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups; scheduling; budget development and tracking; and providing technical or regulatory guidance and advice.
- Lead the development and implementation of local business development and marketing plans and support regional WRG initiatives. This would include the preparation of technical and financial proposals as required for current and prospective clients.
- Provide senior technical support, as required or requested. This would include collaboration with other professionals, scientists, and environmental managers on multi-disciplinary projects.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Hatfield senior managers and partners on financial and human resource management issues.
- Lead, supervise, mentor, and train employees.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure compliance of Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, the law, and client health and safety protocols, as well as compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and success in marketing and business development.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead/mentor new and existing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Aptitude and experience in management and administration is essential, including financial and human resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of ten years managing water resource components of resource-based projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing business and managing growing teams.
- Eligible or have a professional designation (e.g. PEng, PGeo, PAg, etc.).
- A relevant educational background in environmental sciences or engineering, with prior formal training / coursework in hydrology, climatology, hydrogeology and/or water resource management.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires leadership, flexibility, and teamwork.
- A sound working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and environmental impact assessment methods is considered an asset.
Reply in confidence with your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please mark “Water Resource Manager – Vancouver” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.