With close to 50 years of environmental consulting experience, Hatfield’s work culture focuses on scientific excellence, professional development, a fun and inclusive environment, and providing flexible work arrangements including hybrid work options and a biweekly earned days off program. In addition, we have a flat organizational structure, and a friendly, accessible, and down-to-earth management team that truly cares about employee career progression.
We are excited to offer this rewarding and challenging position to bring additional leadership and expertise to our senior management team. This position presents a tremendous opportunity for an experienced, energetic and strategically-minded individual to advance their career at a progressive, reputable, and growing consultancy. This role is about making a great place to work into an even better one, in support of our continued evolution and success. Reporting to the Hatfield Managing Partners, the Leader of People and Culture (LPC) will shape and support our practice around people, culture, and leadership. The LPC is a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for the overall design, development, implementation, planning, directing, and evaluating of Human Resources practices and systems within Hatfield. Primary responsibilities relate to leadership that advances our people and culture practices, as well as overall control and management of the Human Resources team which includes policy, people development, compensation, recruitment and retention.
- People and Culture Strategy: Together with senior management, and engaging partners and staff, develop and implement strategies and plans to support the continued development of Hatfield’s culture, talent, and leadership; align Hatfield’s HR practices and systems to the strategy.
- Organizational Design and Organizational Effectiveness: With senior management, assessing, developing, and implementing organizational design, considering strategic goals and macro-economic and societal trends/shifts, to ensure alignment of roles, workflows, networks and procedures with corporate goals.
- People Development: Leading people development in the company including oversight of career development, performance feedback, staff training, and staff incentive programs with consideration of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Compensation: Leading compensation strategies for company staff and partners/senior leadership, including market and performance reviews.
- Policy and Compliance: Overseeing the evaluation and improvement of HR strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and alignment with company mission and business objectives. Monitoring the effectiveness of the above using agreed metrics and tools.
- Recruitment/Retention: Supporting talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs. Promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and reinforcing our position as an equal opportunity employer and a great place to build a career.
- Conflict Resolution: Leading or supporting conflict resolution in all Hatfield offices including addressing both general issues of conflict or employee relations, and more serious issues requiring stronger action.
- Supervision: Directing, supervising, supporting and mentoring a team of junior and senior level HR professionals for all HR activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, strategic management, business administration, or a related field.
- A relevant credential or designation (such as CPHR, SPHR, HRIP, etc.) may be advantageous.
- Minimum ten (10) years of human resources management experience preferably at a senior level.
- Experience as a Senior HR Officer, VP of HR, HR Director or similar role.
- Experience with conflict resolution at a senior level.
- Hands-on experience with HR software (HRIS, ATS) or similar software tools. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
- Ability to consult, facilitate and influence.
- Strong strategic planning and change leadership skills.
- Process and organizational skills.
- Sound knowledge of BC and Alberta labour laws and HR functions; experience with international HR considerations and cultural contexts is an asset.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to engage with professionals at all employment levels; experience in employee-owned firms is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Satisfactory employment record.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Leader of People and Culture – North Vancouver” in your subject line. Due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be notified but we will retain your resume for any future openings.