General Description: The Accounting and Admin Assistant will be responsible in providing general assistance to the Accounting and Admin Department. This is a full-time, permanent role located in our head office in North Vancouver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in time tracking and equipment chargeout administration.
- Assists in accounts payable (A/P) and banking requirements.
- Support invoicing to customers.
- Responsible for accounts receivable (A/R) collection and following up with clients on outstanding invoices.
- Provides reports as required and handles A/R enquiries in timely manner.
- Enters transactions (A/R invoice, cash receipts, expense reports, A/P invoices, general ledger, etc.) into accounting system by following project cost accounting system.
- Assists in bank reconciliation and other general accounting duties as assigned such as payroll and accounts reconciliations.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Adequate knowledge and experience in intermediate level Excel.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle a large volume of work with accuracy in a fast paced company.
- Self starter and team player.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Experience with project-related accounting software is an asset.
Education and/or Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
- One to two years related experience, preferably in service industry; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Junior Accountant – Vancouver” in your email subject line. Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.