Hatfield has been awarded BC’s Top Employers for 2022 and we’re looking for more outstanding people to join our team! We do interesting and meaningful work with opportunities for career and professional growth. We also offer a competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, vacation allowances, and comprehensive health benefits including extended health coverage, an employee and family assistance program, and a RRSP matching plan.
Hatfield is an innovative, purpose-driven company providing services in environmental and social science, geomatics and remote sensing, data management and information systems. We are now one of the leading independent environmental consultancies headquartered in Western Canada with offices in Metro Vancouver, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Terrace, and Fort St John.
We are looking for an Application Support Specialist to join our IT Group to help maintain, support and develop various IT systems, including:
- SharePoint Online, including custom apps and workflows developed using Power Automate;
- Productivity and project tools used by our environmental data analytics and monitoring teams;
- Internal asset tracking systems; and
- Cloud servers and services.
Activities to be completed by the application support specialist include:
- Setting up tools, particularly based on SharePoint, to digitize currently non-digital business processes;
- Managing applications, services and servers, collaborating with our third party IT support;
- Creating and maintaining records and technical documentation; and
- Providing training and end-user support.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Computing or Information Technology.
- Knowledge and experience developing PowerShell scripts, and applications with NodeJS.
- Knowledge and experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft365 and SharePoint technologies.
- Ability to communicate regularly, professionally, and clearly at general, technical and management levels to inform team members.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “IT Application Support Specialist” in your subject line. Due to the volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be notified but we will retain your resume for any future openings.