Hatfield has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, confident and self-motivated Environmental Manager to join our growing company and take their career to the next level. This position is a minimum two-year secondment with one of Hatfield’s premiere clients in Fort McMurray. The Environmental Manager will be embedded with the client management team and will be responsible for overall environmental management oversight on one of the largest current developments in the Wood Buffalo Region.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide:
- multi-disciplinary environmental management leadership for a large, complex mining infrastructure development
- environmental management team oversight, including teams of environmental construction monitors
- oversight of the implementation of Environmental management plans and environmental protection plans
- design inputs for a major infrastructure projects, working closely with design engineers
Education and Experience:
- Aptitude and experience in management and administration is essential, including financial and human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead/mentor new and existing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- Must be eligible or have a professional designation, preferably in Alberta (e.g., PBiol, PAg, PChem, P. Eng, etc.).
- A minimum of five years managing environmental aspects of infrastructure development projects at a senior level
- A minimum of three years managing a portfolio of environmental permitting, licensing, and compliance projects for infrastructure developments
- Familiarity with federal and provincial (Alberta) environmental regulatory and permitting requirements associated with infrastructure development projects
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams is essential
- On-the-ground experience dealing with environmental components of projects on public land dispositions
- Experience in the operationalization of environmental assessment outcomes and regulatory approvals
- Experience with a range of environmental disciplines (surface and groundwater quality, soils, vegetation, fish and fish habitat, wildlife, contaminated sites, archaeology, First Nations, etc.) is an asset
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork; and an ability/interest to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations
A competitive compensation package will be provided that is commensurate with candidate qualifications.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Infrastructure Environmental Manager Secondment – Fort McMurray” in your email subject line. Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.