PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is seeking a national expert for the position of Forestry Specialist based in our Bogor office. You are expected to provide a suitable level of technical competency on the subject area(s) for which you are responsible. The role includes supporting proposal development, project implementation, and may include coordination and supervision of other staff and/or sub-consultants. As part of the responsibilities, the successful candidate will also support marketing and business development activities with the purpose of developing new opportunities for PTHI In addition, you may be asked to assume limited management responsibilities at the project level; as a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager.
PTHI recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PTHI come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to undertake projects related to forestry, carbon and natural resource surveys, impact assessments, and due diligence in compliance with national and international standards.
- Support the delivery of project team activities including preparation of project work plans, schedules, budgets, and technical activities including fieldwork, stakeholder consultations, and other relevant events.
- Contribute to the preparation of various documents including proposals and project reports and other deliverables including data compilation and analysis and ensure all data are carefully stored and safely transported to the PTHI office in Bogor.
- Ensure QA/QC on project outputs to ensure the highest possible standards to meet corporate and client standards.
- Support the implementation of company QHSE systems and policies.
- Support marketing and business development activities in the environmental sector in Indonesia including: marketing and business development with potential clients remaining proficient with the direction and status of industry projects and opportunities; and providing assistance in the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from reputable university. Master’s degree from a reputable university will be an advantage.
- Minimum five to ten years of experience in forestry projects, consultancy or related project implementation.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical and non-technical experts or teams.
- Familiarity with Indonesian regulations related to natural resources and forestry.
- Familiarity with certification in forestry and palm oil sector will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with certification in voluntary carbon certification, e.g., Verra Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA), Plan Vivo, and Indonesia Certified Emission Reduction (ICER) will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English (oral and written – technical and scientific writing).
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willing to travel frequently on short notice.
- Demonstrated reporting and project management skills including time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required: MS Office and statistical software.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Forestry Specialist” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please submit only via email and not through the online submission “Apply Now” form.