Hatfield Indonesia is seeking to hire a national expert for the position of Forestry Specialist based out of our Bogor office. As a Forestry Specialist, your overall responsibility is to contribute to project deliverables based on tasks assigned by the Project Manager (PM) and/or Project Director (PD). You are expected to provide a suitable level of technical competency on the subject area(s) for which you are responsible. Your role includes supporting proposal development, project implementation, and may include coordination and supervision of other staff and/or sub-consultants. As part of your responsibilties, you will also support marketing and business development activites with the purpose of developing new opportunities for the Company.In addition, you may be asked to assume some management responsibility, at the project level, as a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager.
PTHI recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PTHI come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to undertake projects related to forestry, carbon and natural resource surveys, impact assessments, and due diligence in compliance with national and international standards.
- Support the delivery of project team activities including preparation of project work plans, schedules, budgets, and technical activities including workshops, consultations, and focus group discussions.
- Contribute to the preparation of various documents including proposals and project reports and other deliverables including data compilation and analysis and ensure all data are carefully stored and safely transported to PTHI’s office in Bogor.
- Ensure QA/QC on project outputs to ensure the highest possible standards to meet corporate and client standards.
- Support the implementation of company QHSE systems and policies.
- Support marketing and business development activities in the environmental sector in Indonesia including: marketing and business development with potential clients remaining proficient with the direction and status of industry projects and opportunities; and providing assistance in the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from reputable university. Master’s degree from a reputable university will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in forestry projects, consultancy or related project implementation.
- Able to deliver technical support, program evaluation, and program and policy recommendations for assigned program areas.
- Have expertise in natural resource valuation, environmental economic and financial feasibility analysis.
- Familiarity with general forestry issues in Indonesia, including biodiversity, REDD and sustainable forest management.
- Familiarity with Indonesian regulations related to forestry.
- Experience with forest and oil palm certification schemes will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English both oral and written.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, MS Excel and Statistical Software. Skills in GIS will be advantageous but not necessary.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations through email to: email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please include “Forestry Specialist” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please submit only via email and NOT through the online submission “Apply Now” form.