Hatfield has been awarded BC’s Top Employers for 2022 and we’re looking for more outstanding people to join our team! We do interesting and meaningful work with opportunities for career and professional growth. We also offer a competitive compensation package, flexible work hours, vacation allowances, and comprehensive health benefits including extended health coverage, an employee and family assistance program, and a RRSP matching plan.
Hatfield is seeking an experienced and talented individual to provide additional management and leadership within our environmental impact assessment practice. As one of the largest truly independent environmental consultancies in Western Canada, this position presents a tremendous opportunity at a unique company where our brand is synonymous with the best people delivering high-quality work. The successful candidate will possess a solid knowledge and understanding of federal and BC provincial EA legislation and review processes. Based on a broad knowledge of and multiple years’ experience with the management and coordination of EA’s, including Indigenous, regulatory and community engagement, the ideal candidate will revel in the challenges of a diversity of infrastructure projects across multiple sectors (e.g., transportation and energy infrastructure, extractive industries, coastal and marine development). Furthermore, they will have a broad understanding of interdisciplinary considerations for managing complex and long-term EAs.
- Manage EA teams including internal and external specialists and scientists responsible for conducting environmental,social, economic, heritage and health assessments based on federal and BC provincial requirements.
- Manage EA projects, including serving as primary client contact, general meetings/presentations with/to clients, regulators, Indigenous groups or stakeholders, scheduling, budget development and tracking and providing regulatory guidance and advice.
- Lead the development and review of EA documents (Initial and Detailed Project Description, Impact Statement/Application etc.) in collaboration with an internal Project Management Team and internal/external technical experts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of local business development and marketing plans, including the preparation of technical and financial proposals as required for current and prospective clients.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Hatfield Senior Managers and Partners on financial and human resource management issues.
- Lead, supervise, mentor, and train employees.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure compliance with Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, the law, and client health and safety protocols, as well as compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years managing EAs of major projects in Canada and/or BC, preferably in a professional consulting context.
- Ideally a graduate degree in a relevant discipline and, a relevant professional designation in BC and/or Canada.
- Experience with marine projects is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and BC provincial EA legislation and processes.
- Experience managing major project EAs, either as a professional consultant and/or a regulator.
- Experience liaising directly with clients and managing large teams of technical experts.
- Knowledge and understanding of EA policy and guidance, including multi-disciplinary technical requirements.
- Experience engaging directly with Indigenous groups, regulators, stakeholders, and members of the public through project specific meetings and engagement sessions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for project management and excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written – technical or scientific writing).
- Ability and interest to undertake business development.
- Aptitude with MS Suite of tools (Project, SharePoint, Excel)
Hatfield is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity, irrespective of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: resumes@hatfieldgroup.