PT. Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) is a leading consulting firm in the field of natural resources management with work in several key sectors including forestry, extractive industries, and energy generation. With projective growth in forest carbon and greenhouse gas (GHG) services, PTHI is seeking a skilled expert with practical carbon certification and GHG knowledge to join and provide leadership in our carbon services team. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in forest carbon assessments including voluntary carbon, feasibility studies, GHG measurements, and energy audits. The candidate should also have broad sectoral and geographic experience that demonstrates experience in the natural resources, infrastructure, and extractives sectors. The ideal candidate will possess excellent project management and communications skills and be capable of working with and managing a diverse team as you work with national and international clients and standards. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to develop business within your existing network that complements our existing lines of business and enables the further development of carbon services.
PTHI recognizes the importance of a balanced approach to work. Along with rewarding professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, careers at PTHI come with benefits that help you grow within the company and contribute to the wider community.
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to undertake projects related to GHG and carbon feasibility studies, project design document development, and GHG and carbon certification technical assistance.
- Manage project team activities including the preparation of project work plans, schedules, budgets, technical activities, and coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient use of corporate resources, preparation and editing of documents (proposals, reports, and geomatic outputs).
- Conduct data analysis and present results through reporting, presentations, or other documentation.
- Ensure QA/QC on project outputs to provide the highest possible standards on project outputs so they are completed on time, on budget, and to acceptable client and corporate standards.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of company QHSE systems and policies.
- Provide mentorship and guidance with team members to support the development of a capable carbon services team.
- Lead marketing and business development activities in the carbon sector in Indonesia and southeast Asia with private and public sector clients, as well as international developmental organizations. This will include strengthening corporate relationships with existing clients; marketing and business development with potential clients; provide business intelligence for overall corporate marketing activities; remain proficient with the direction and status of industry projects and opportunities and the direction of government regulations, and provide assistance in the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
Education and Experience:
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in forestry, geography, natural resources management or equivalent from a reputable university.
- At least 10 years’ experience in forestry, natural resources management, and carbon and GHG measurements and modelling.
- Experience in leading or managing carbon studies such as carbon feasibility study, Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU) carbon assessments, GHG and carbon project due diligence, and/or project design document development in Indonesia.
- Familiarity with certification in voluntary carbon certification, e.g., Verra Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA), and Plan Vivo and Indonesia Certified Emission Reduction (ICER).
- Practical understanding on energy audits and GHG measurements in compliance with international standards and guidelines.
- Ability to support business development and marketing activities using modern networking skills and able to leverage an existing network in the private sector, government, non-governmental organizations or universities to develop new business opportunities.
- Proficient with Indonesian regulations related to carbon, natural resources, and forestry.
- Possess strong leadership, team management, and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated reporting and project management skills including time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English (oral and written – technical and scientific writing).
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations through email to: email@example.com (email only please, do not apply via our website). Please include “Carbon Specialist” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.