Since the company’s inception in 1974, Hatfield Consultants has been dedicated to the protection of the environment as the cornerstone of our business and corporate culture. We are committed to being leaders in minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment and supporting the environmental protection initiatives of our clients. The Environmental Policy followed by Hatfield includes the following objectives:
- To ensure that Hatfield operates in full compliance with environmental laws and regulations and that our activities meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable environmental legislation that relates to our company;
- To continually promote environmental awareness, responsibility and best practices and to support the environmental sustainability culture of our company through education and in-house initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint;
- To support environmental protection through the use of materials and methods that minimize environmental risk, to reduce waste according to the principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle and to handle and dispose of waste in an environmentally safe and responsible manner;
- To make business decisions that support our environmental policy including basing our operations from a “green” office building designed according to environmental initiatives of sustainability and reduction of resource use;
- To support environmental initiatives of our clients and encourage implementation of environmentally sustainable practices;
- To apply our environmental skills toward the betterment of environmental quality on a global scale including fund-raising and not-for-profit support of selected environmental initiatives in Canada and overseas;
- To conduct reviews of our environmental policy and performance, and to continually improve our performance through application of new approaches and technologies to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance environmental sustainability objectives.