Since the company’s inception in 1974, the protection of the environment has been a cornerstone of Hatfield’s business and corporate culture. We are committed to being leaders in minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment and supporting the environmental protection initiatives of our clients. Our Environmental Policy includes the following objectives:
- Ensure that Hatfield operates in full compliance with environmental laws and regulations and that our activities meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable environmental legislation that relate to our work;
- Continually promote environmental awareness, responsibility and best practices and support a culture of environmental sustainability through education and in-house initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint;
- Support environmental protection through the use of materials and methods that minimize environmental risk, reduce waste according to the principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle, and handle and dispose of waste in an environmentally safe and responsible manner;
- Make business decisions that support our environmental policy including basing our operations from a “green” office building designed according to environmental initiatives of sustainability and reduction of resource use;
- Support environmental initiatives of our clients and encourage implementation of environmentally sustainable practices;
- Apply our environmental skills toward the betterment of environmental quality on a global scale including fund-raising and not-for-profit support of selected environmental initiatives in Canada and overseas
- Conduct reviews of our environmental policy and performance, and continually improve our performance through the application of new approaches and technologies to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance environmental sustainability objectives.