Environmental Management and Monitoring
At Hatfield Consultants, environmental management and monitoring have been cornerstone services since we opened in 1974.
For both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, we provide environmental monitoring services to dozens of clients in the oil and gas, mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, among others. Experienced throughout Canada and around the world, our specialists use their scientific expertise to help your project meet its environmental requirements. We combine traditional field surveys, consultations with stakeholders and Aboriginal peoples, and geographic information systems to provide your project with accurate and meaningful environmental information. As environmental managers, we take the reins of your project’s environmental program, developing plans and strategies to ensure progress with as little effect on the environment as possible. Whether you require a field program in line with Canadian Environmental Effects Monitoring guidelines or an environmental management plan for a multi-year construction project, we tailor our services for your unique situation, making sure your project remains within environmental regulations.
Building on decades of experience, we help our clients with environmental management and monitoring programs that incorporate the following services:
- Conducting Environmental Effects Monitoring programs in line with Canadian regulations
- Performing trace contaminant monitoring, baseline inventories, and other environmental activities
- Consulting with stakeholders and Aboriginal peoples to address their concerns about project development
- Designing and implementing comprehensive environmental management plans that set out protocols for working with the environment
- Applying geographic information systems and remote sensing to complement on-the-ground data collection
- Preparing permit applications and liaising with regulatory agencies that oversee the environment