Contaminant Monitoring / Agent Orange
Hatfield Consultants is a world-recognized leader in the field of Agent Orange contamination resulting from historical spraying of dioxin-contaminated herbicide in Viet Nam. Since the 1980s, we have worked closely with regulatory and medical authorities to measure and monitor ultra-trace levels of contamination in fish and wildlife, human tissue, and sediments — not only in Viet Nam, but also in Lao PDR, Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia, Mongolia, and British Columbia.
- Chemical contamination monitoring – measuring and monitoring existing and proposed industrial development projects
- Monitoring trends in bioaccumulation – dioxin and furan monitoring in sediments and biological tissues
- Environmental Effects Monitoring – integrated assessments of pulpmill water and sediment quality, invertebrate communities, fish health, and sub-lethal effluent toxicity
- Inventory of dioxins and furans – compliance with the Stockholm Convention on persistent organic pollutants (POPs)
- Capacity building – training in the collection, preparation, and analysis of various environmental media and training in site identification and prioritization for remediation.
- Health risk assessment – identifying environmental pathways and human exposure