Climate Change / Carbon
As the world struggles to address the dramatic changes in global weather patterns, Hatfield Consultants helps you manage the effects of climate change now and into the future.
Our long history in the environmental sciences allows us to develop and instigate plans that address climate challenges, supporting our work with scientific data and modern approaches to environmental work. Through environmental assessments, social assessments, and geographic information system technology, we determine the risk of various climate change scenarios, modeling each one to judge its potential impacts on people and the environment. Working with governments, NGOs, and the private sector, we promote science-based approaches for adapting to climate change and we help organizations build their capacity for making smart environmental decisions.
Expert understanding of the environment lets us design and implement programs that address your unique climate situation, which include the following services:
- Designing, implementing, monitoring, and auditing projects that aim to address the effects of climate change
- Assessing vulnerability to climate change and analyzing projects’ ability to address it
- Conducting carbon stock assessments, which inventory the amount of carbon in a forest ecosystem as an initial step in understanding its potential role in climate change mitigation
- Improving weather monitoring programs to enhance the accuracy of regional climate data
- Modeling a range of climate change scenarios to determine their effects on a region’s unique environmental situation
- Consulting with stakeholders and conducting social impact assessments to understand the effects of climate change and mitigation programs on local people
- Assessing the feasibility of proposed REDD+ projects, which aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with deforestation and forest degradation
- Reviewing policies from governments and organizations to make sure they match current best practices for handling climate change
- Evaluating forestry and land-use carbon projects against the requirements of the Clean Development Mechanism and voluntary standards
- Implementing the protocols of integrated water resources management, which ensure that regional water resources are used equitably and sustainably