Contributing to a sustainable future through responsible power development.
With decades of experience around the world, Hatfield Consultants provides custom solutions to keep your energy project in compliance with environmental regulations.
Using our expert understanding of environmental legislation, we work with your energy development to meet its unique environmental goals. Across Canada and around the world, Hatfield Consultants has worked with hydroelectric dams, geothermal stations, and wind power facilities to help them follow responsible environmental practices. Our widespread knowledge of monitoring programs, environmental management, and geographic information systems ensures that we apply the right techniques to solve your specific challenge.
Our qualified specialists are skilled at providing the following services:
- Designing environmental management systems that set out practices and methods for environmentally responsible operations
- Conducting environmental impact assessments, monitoring programs, flow ramping studies, and other routine environmental studies
- Salvaging fish and wildlife from areas destined for environmental impact
- Designing compensation habitats to ensure the sustained welfare of fish and wildlife near the project site
- Undertaking baseline surveys for fish and aquatic ecology to determine environmental conditions before project start-up
- Training staff in good environmental practices, building the capacity of institutions to handle environmental issues
- Facilitating consultation with First Nations and other stakeholders
- Providing expert reviews from senior staff for all operation plans related to the environment