International presence. Local expertise.
With a history of successful projects across more than 40 countries, Hatfield Consultants has the experience necessary to help your international development initiative thrive sustainably.
From the Kalahari Desert to the Arctic Circle, we work with your organization to determine its specific developmental goals, providing effective solutions for your unique situation. Maintaining offices in Indonesia, Botswana, and Lao PDR, we are capable of assisting projects worldwide, offering particularly strong knowledge of Southern Africa and the Mekong region of Southeast Asia. Our contributions to development initiatives have garnered widespread recognition, including the 2000 Mark Drake Award in Recognition of Excellence in Communicating Private Sector Contributions to International Cooperation Issues and the 2007 Nexen Award for Excellence in Corporate Social and Ethical Responsibility.
- Investigating the effects of Agent Orange and other persistent organic pollutants (POPs) on human health and the environment
- Designing staff training and capacity building programs, enhancing the ability of institutions to handle environmental and social issues
- Helping governments implement the protocols of integrated water resources management, which ensure that regional water resources are used equitably and sustainably
- Developing instructional materials and web-based tools that support learning and capacity building programs
- Conducting environmental impact assessments, social and gender assessments, and biodiversity studies over a wide range of locations
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine best use of natural resources and to ensure their concerns are addressed responsibly
- Applying GIS mapping and satellite imagery to improve the usefulness and accessibility of environmental data