Achieving ecologically sound and socially responsible forest management.
At Hatfield Consultants, we harness decades of experience in forestry-related services to provide the right solutions for your project’s specific forest management challenges.
Since 1974, we have provided a range of services to support sustainable management of natural and planted forests. Our expertise in forestry, ecology, environmental sciences, geographic information systems (GIS), and remote sensing allows us to provide effective and cost-efficient solutions that address a wide range of forest management challenges. We have extensive experience in implementing a variety of forestry projects in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia. Our broad international network of associates and partnerships with various institutions ensures expert attention to your project’s particular challenges.
Our comprehensive range of services helps you ensure sustainable management of forest resources. We specialize in the following:
- Conducting assessments of forest ecology and biodiversity, including high conservation value assessments
- Undertaking multi-stakeholder assessments and socioeconomic studies of forest sites to address any public concerns about development
- Developing programs that rehabilitate land and restore vegetation to deforested areas, including plantation planning and management
- Conducting carbon stock assessments, which inventory the amount of carbon in a forest ecosystem as an initial step in understanding its potential role in climate change mitigation
- Assessing the feasibility of proposed REDD+ projects, which aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with deforestation and forest degradation
- Applying GIS mapping and satellite imagery to improve the accuracy of environmental impact assessments
- Implementing procedures for integrated watershed management at project sites, ensuring that important waterways remain unaffected by forestry operations
- Evaluating forestry and land-use carbon projects against the requirements of the Clean Development Mechanism and voluntary standards
- Performing project audits and routine environmental evaluations, including forest soil analysis
- Training contractors and staff in ecologically sound practices and developing capacity-building programs to raise awareness of forest ecology