Hatfield Recognized as One of Canada’s Best Companies
Jan 04, 2014
Hatfield Consultants recently received recognition as one of Canada’s best companies from both Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers and the BC Export Awards.
In December, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers selected Hatfield Consultants Partnership as one of its winners in the 2013 competition.
“This is a significant achievement against stiff competition,” says Grant Bruce, president and partner of Hatfield Consultants. “On behalf of the partners I’d like to congratulate and thank our amazing staff who continue to help us build a company based on core values that include quality, integrity, respect, responsibility, innovation, stewardship, and discovery. “I feel very lucky and proud to be working with such a great group.”
The following qualities differentiated Hatfield from a strong field of over 3,000 entries:
- Hatfield is a growing environmental consultancy that serves both private and public sector clients. Hatfield’s head count grew by 18 percent last year, while revenues jumped by 15 percent.
- Hatfield’s head office is located on a popular bike trail just steps away from the SeaBus terminal in North Vancouver, BC. The company offers shower and change room facilities to encourage staff to commute using bikes and transit.
- New employees start with at least three weeks of paid vacation. Previous work experience is considered when setting individual vacation entitlement.
- Employees receive paid time off to volunteer in the community — up to 4.5 days each year.
- Hatfield supports its mothers and fathers (including adoptive parents) with a short parental leave top-up program, offering 100% pay for two weeks.
- Hatfield encourages ongoing employee development through in-house training initiatives, annual participation at conferences, and tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
The award was presented at a ceremony hosted by the Toronto Board of Trade on December 6, 2013, following announcement of the winners in a special online feature of The Globe and Mail.
Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers is a competition organized by the editorial team at Canada’s Top 100 Employers. This initiative recognizes small and medium enterprises across Canada that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resources policies.
Hatfield was also chosen as a finalist in the professional services category of the 2013 BC Export Awards. These awards were presented at the minister’s roundtable and gala at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver.
For more information, please contact us:
Grant Bruce, M.Sc
President and Partner
HATFIELD CONSULTANTS PARTNERSHIP
Established in 1974 and based in Vancouver, Canada, Hatfield Consultants has built a worldwide reputation in environmental services with over 2,500 successful projects in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. We have established offices in Canada (British Columbia and Alberta), Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia and Botswana and business partners in Chile and Thailand.
We help you apply best environmental practices, meet regulatory requirements, and contribute to a sustainable future.