BC EAO Selects Hatfield Consultants to Review Studies of Teck Coal’s Baldy Ridge Extension Project
Feb 10, 2017
Hatfield was engaged by the BC Environmental Assessment Office to conduct a third-party technical review of studies associated with Teck Coal’s Baldy Ridge Extension (BRE) Project. The BRE Project is an extension to an existing open pit coal mine in the area of Teck’s Elkview Operations, in the East Kootenay region of southeast BC.
Hatfield’s scope included:
- Review of the hydrogeology section of the EA Application;
- Review of supporting technical studies related to hydrogeology, water quality and hydrogeologic modelling;
- Review of regional groundwater monitoring studies;
- Evaluation of the adequacy of site characterization, the conceptual model and the development and use of the numerical model, in consideration of Ministry guidelines, industry practices, and the context of the existing project;
- Provision of comments on the Application and review of responses;
- Participation in working group meetings; and
- Provision of advice and feedback pertaining to potential Certificate conditions.
Hatfield was engaged in the project review over several months, between February and August 2016. The project was awarded an Environmental Assessment Certificate in September 2016.
For more information, please contact:
Vice-President & Senior Environmental Specialist
HATFIELD CONSULTANTS PARTNERSHIP
Established in 1974 and headquartered in Vancouver (Canada), with Alberta offices in Calgary and Fort McMurray, Hatfield Consultants has built a worldwide reputation in environmental services with over 3,500 successful projects in Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America.
We help you apply best environmental practices, meet regulatory requirements, and contribute to a sustainable future.